All accidents should be reported immediately to supervisors. Supervisors must report the incident to Human Resources via the report of accident/illness form within 24 hours.
- Lab caution sign request
- Safety form - A safety form is required of all individuals working in the department.
- Safety Instruction Library - Lab managers should also review the safety documents to see if there are any additional documents lab personnel would benefit from. Completed forms should be returned to Tara Bevandich in the main office.
- Volunteer service acknowledgement - A volunteer service acknowledgement is needed for volunteers. All volunteers working at OSU must understand the extent (or lack) of insurance coverage by the State of Oregon. Note: Science majors and students receiving course credit while working in an integrative biology lab are not considered volunteers.
- Instructions for lab safety training
- Please submit key/access requests by email to Tresa Bowlin. Key/access requests must be submitted by a supervisor or lab PI.
- After-hours building passes are available in the main office (2008 Coast Range Building) for students and non-university employees who have legitimate reasons for being in Cordley Hall, Weniger Hall or the Coast Range Building after regularly scheduled closure times.
Lost and found
Report bias and discrimination, feedback about systems of oppression, concerns about one's role as undergrad student worker or graduate employee in College of Science.
- Faculty funding and research news for the College of Science
- Funding and research news for graduate students and postdocs
Grant Reporting & Foundation Reimbursement Systems (GRRS)
Provides principal investigators (PIs), co-PIs, grant account managers and business managers with the current financial status of grant funds. Scholarship administrators and signers may access FS index Foundation Reimbursement Requests; and scholarship awards and approvals.
Individuals intending to work in the Department of Integrative Biology or supervisors wishing to hire must report contact the IB Office before work on the position begins. Office staff will need the following information regarding the potential position:
- Employee's name
- Type of employment (regular student, work-study student)
- Hourly wage
- Start date
Some new employees will need to complete additional paperwork with the Business Center prior to being eligible to work.
- EmpCenter overviews, user guides, and training videos
- Student employee manual
- Student Employee Verification: Fax requests, along with a student signed student employment information release form, to the OSU Office of Human Resources at 541-737-7771
- Faculty & staff employment verification
- Sign up for direct deposit. This can be done via OSU Online Services without providing a voided check.
- A Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Employment
- Employee exit checklist. For use when an employee-student is leaving.
- Purchasing may be done through the OSU BennyBuy system (please contact the IB Office for assistance) or other online/local vendors.
- For any questions at all, please contact Tresa Bowlin or Tara Bevandich in the IB Office.
Model release form. Have your subjects sign when taking pictures of classes, field trips, meetings, etc.
- The traveler will access the system and enter a pre-travel request with all expected expenses. Then, do not submit, instead, please email Tresa Bowlin and let her know you have completed your pre-travel request. She will make sure everything looks correct and submit on your behalf.
- Please note, OSU now requires ALL out of state/international trips with an OSU related business purpose to have a pre-travel request in Concur, as a department we request the same for in-state travel as it makes the booking and reimbursement process much smoother.
- Please send an email to Tresa explaining what you are requesting accounting/reimbursement for. Include any receipts, quick explanations for expenses, names of other travelers you covered expenses for, etc. You may also drop physical receipts off at Tresa's office, CRB 2008, or send through campus mail.
- Tresa will create the expense report/reimbursement request and email you when it is ready to be submitted.
- Please note, out-of-pocket expenses for approved travel cannot be reimbursed until traveler has returned from the trip. Many expenses can be pre-paid with departmental/grant funds. Please connect with Tresa to utilize department/grant funds in the pre-travel stage.
Additional useful travel links:
- Per diem rates - Domestic
- Per diem rates - International
- Personal vehicle usage
- Mileage log worksheet
- University motor pool driver authorization
- Hosting invited speakers/guests
- OSU hosting policy
- Canvas access
- Confidentiality: guidelines for release of student records
- Field trip waivers: Group (Class) or Individual (youth activities, high risk activities, overnights)
- Incomplete Form - Here is our IB process for Incomplete grades to help support you and the students:
- Prior to agreeing to an Incomplete for the term grade, verify that student is passing class thus far. Fill out the Incomplete form with the student (Note that you do not need to give them a full year to complete your course, you can pick your own due dates). The general recommendation is totry wrapping up remaining work quickly (e.g. set due dates and exam make-up dates as soon as practically possible), as a year does not usually benefit student learning.
- Email completed form to Lori Kayes and IB@oregonstate.edu.
- The IB Department will store forms in a repository for reference as needed.
- If you do not resolve the Incomplete grade within the year, you will receive a notification from the OSU Registrar at the beginning of the term in which the grades will automatically roll to your default grade.
- Media Services
- Equipment check-out
- Syllabus requirements
- How to submit your grades
- Disability Access Services
- Center for Teaching & Learning
- Writing Center
- OSU Integrative Biology Graduate Student Handbook 2022-23
- Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs)
Ph.D. Assessment Forms (Proposal meeting, orals, defense)
- M.S. Assessment Forms (Proposal meeting, thesis defense, non-thesis final meeting)
- Thesis proposal sign-off form (Word)
- Thesis proposal sign-off form (PDF)
- Funding and research news (ECOS), College of Science
- Graduate school
- Media Hub
- FERPA training
- Thesis binding: contact Traci in the office for information