Undergraduate Research

Research can be part-time during the school year, full or part-time during summer, and paid or unpaid. Biology and Zoology students can receive credit for OSU research by following the procedures on the BI 401 Research Credit Approval Form. There is no central list of research opportunities, and the best way to find mentors and positions is by using the resources listed below.


OSU Undergraduate Research Framework (OSURF) promotes undergraduate research. Information about the OSU research transcipt notation, annual OSU undergraduate research symposiumThe Catalyst undergraduate research journal, the Research Ambassadors program and other resources are available on the OSURF website

Internships and Volunteering

An internships or volunteering provides a way for students to gain experience and skills working in the private sector, government, non-governmental organizations (NGO), or other areas. Biology and Zoology students can receive BI 410 Internship credit for approved experiences. Resources for finding appropriate internships can be found below. Resources for preparing for internships and volunteering can be found on the careers website.