The registration system requires a registration PIN (personal identification number), but it requires it at different times based on student status. Unlike other majors, not all Biology and Zoology students need to meet each term to receive a PIN.
When students do need a PIN, an appointment is required so please plan ahead. Students can meet for advising at any time, and advising appointments for PINs usually begin around week 5 of the term. Registration PINs are also given out to students with holds or balances on their account so they can register when those issues are resolved.
The following list covers when Biology and Zoology students need to meet to receive a registration PIN:
- All new students must attend their required orientation:
- Sophomores and higher in Biology and Zoology only need a new registration PIN once a year for the following year. These students should meet with their advisor as outlined on the appointment page here.
- First year students, NCAA athletes, and student veterans or those receiving veteran benefits need to meet with an advisor EACH TERM to receive their registration PIN.
- Some students working with Disability Access Services need to meet with an advisor EACH TERM to receive their registration PIN.
- If you are listed with another major before Biology or Zoology or have recently changed majors from a major that required a PIN each term, you may need to get a PIN each term at first. Students with some double majors may also need to meet for PINs more frequently as other units require a new PIN every term.