COVID-19 Resources - College of Science Resumption Plan, OSU updates, CDC updates, other resources
* ACCIDENT REPORTING *
All accidents should be reported immediately to supervisors. Supervisors must report the incident to Human Resources via the REPORT OF ACCIDENT/ILLNESS FORM within 24 hours. OSU Human Resources
* BUILDING ACCESS *
Supervisors must submit an OSU Integrative Biology KEY REQUEST to the main office (3029 Cordley). Required forms will be issued for individuals to take to the OSU Key Shop (current hours of operation are 11:00-3:00pm Monday-Friday).
After-Hours Building Passes are available in the main office (3029 Cordley) for students and non-university employees who have legitimate reasons for being in Cordley Hall after regularly scheduled closure times.
* GRANT REPORTING & FOUNDATION REIMBURSEMENT SYSTEMS (GRRS) *
Provides principal investigators (PIs), co-PIs, grant account managers, and business managers with the current financial status of grant funds. Scholarship administrators and signers may access FS index Foundation Reimbursement Requests; and scholarship awards and approvals.
ECOS (Funding and research news, College of Science)
* LOST and FOUND *
How to report a lost item. Where to take a found item.
* PAYROLL *
Individuals intending to work in the Department of Integrative Biology must report to 3029 Cordley before starting work. Office staff will need the following information regarding the potential position: employee's name, type of employment (regular student, work-study student), hourly wage, index, start date. Some new employees will also need to complete additional paperwork in the Business Center prior to being eligible to work.
- EmpCenter Overviews, User Guides, as well as training videos are available at: http://mytime.oregonstate.edu/empcenter-training.
- Student Employee Manual
- Student Employee Verification: Fax requests, along with a student signed Student Employment Information Release FORM, to the OSU Office of Human Resources at 541-737-7771.
- Faculty & Staff employment verification: provided via The Work Number
- Sign up for Direct Deposit: This can be done via OSU Online Services without providing a voided check.
- Faculty Guide to Ethical and Legal Standards in Student Employment
- Employee Exit Checklist for use when an employee/student is leaving
* PHONES * Set Up Voice Mail
*PHOTO RELEASE* when taking pictures of classes, field trips, meetings, etc, have your subjects sign a Model Release.
* PURCHASING *
Questions regarding purchases can be addressed to the main office staff in 3029 Cordley. Mark Dunbar is the dedicated individual for accounting in the Arts and Sciences Business Center. He can be contacted at 541-737-9851 for up-to-date balances on accounts.
Purchase Order Form
IB Package Delivery Notice for Chem Stores (during COVID-19 operations)
* SAFETY *
LAB SAFETY SIGN REQUEST
A SAFETY FORM is required of all individuals working in the department. Lab managers should also review the Safety Documents to see if there are any additional documents lab personnel would benefit from. Completed forms should be returned to Tara Bevandich in the main office (3029 Cordley).
A VOLUNTEER SERVICE acknowledgement is needed for volunteers. As a volunteer working at OSU, they need to understand the extent (or lack) of insurance coverage by the State of Oregon. Note: Science majors and those students receiving course credit while working in an Integrative Biology lab are not considered volunteers.
Instructions for Lab Safety Training
* TRAVEL - COVID-19 EDITION *
DUE TO COVID-19, ALL TRAVEL INVOLVING IB FUNDS AND/OR PERSONNEL REQUIRES AN IB ESSENTIAL TRAVEL APPROVAL FORM FILLED OUT, SUBMITTED, AND APPROVED PRIOR TO TRAVEL. This applies regardless of destination, funding source or employee status. Requests need to be submitted well in advance of incurring any expenses. This maintains departmental compliance with State of Oregon, Oregon State University and OSU College of Science COVID-19 rules and restrictions. It also ensures traveler reimbursement for travel expenses and opens up access to departmental funds to pre-pay certain travel expenses.
Additional useful travel links:
In Addition, travel involving an overnight stay requires submission of the IB Pre-travel Form. Further instructions regarding this form can be found here.
International travel. Currently all non-essential OSU sponsored international travel is suspended. To request an exception, please reach out to Tresa at email@example.com prior to making any international travel plans. Please see the travel section of the OSU COVID-19 page FAQ; https://covid.oregonstate.edu/faq for basic information regarding international travel.
Travel expenses paid for personally during IB approved essential travel cannot be reimbursed until the travel is complete. Some expenses can be pre-paid with departmental funds, please click here for specific information. To request reimbursement for personally paid travel expenses, please submit the IB Request for Reimbursement form with all receipts.
For more information regarding travel expenses, reimbursements, forms, etc. please click here.
For all questions and concerns related to University sponsored travel, your first point of contact is Tresa Bowlin, firstname.lastname@example.org or 541.737.3705 (during the COVID-19 crisis, this phone number will go directly to voicemail, any message you leave will be delivered directly to Tresa via email).
Promotion & Tenure Guidelines
Grant Proposal Info
*Canvas Access (Click on Tools and Services)
* Confidentiality: Guidelines for Release of Student Records
* Field Trip Waivers: Group (Class) or Individual (youth activities, high risk activities, overnights)
* Media Services
* Equipment Check-Out
* Syllabus Requirements
* How to Submit your Grades
* Disability Access Services
* Center for Teaching & Learning
* Writing Center
Graduate Student Resources
* OSU Integrative Biology Graduate Student Handbook 2020-21
* Graduate Learning Outcomes (GLOs)
* Ph.D. Assessment Forms: Proposal Meeting, Orals, and Defense
* M.S. Assessment Forms: Proposal Meeting, Thesis Defense, or Non-Thesis Final Meeting
* Funding and research news (ECOS), College of Science
* Graduate School
* Multimedia Services
* FERPA Tutorial
*Thesis binding: check with Traci in the office for information
* Integrative Biology Graduate Student Association
Undergraduate Student Resources
* Employment Opportunities
*URSA *other opportunities